Saturday, March 31, 2012

Review: Everneath - Brodi Ashton

Author: Brodi Ashton
Series: Everneath (#1)
Publisher: Harper Collins
Release Date: January 24, 2012
Pages: 370
Read in: 2 days


Overview:
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

A Teenager's Perspective:

If we may, we'd like to start this review by saying, that Everneath was ... absolutely mind-blowingly amazing! Like ... sag-in-your-chair, and-forget-you-have-to-go-to-school- good. This is the first book we've read by Brodi Ashton, but we can assure you, IT WILL NOT BE OUR LAST.

Okay, so the book starts off with Nikki leaving the Everneath, and Cole,this unbelievably sexy guy, (... we might've stayed!). Don't worry we'll get to him later (; So, Nikki is "sucked" back into Earth, where she tries to fix all her mistakes, and let the people who she hurt, know that she loves them. Do you hear that cracking noise? That is our hearts, breaking slowly ...

Nikki only has a little bit of time, before the "Shadows" come for her to take her to this Underworld place. Of course there's an easy way out, but that will require the defacation of Nikki's moral values. Clearly, Nikki chooses the higher road; sacrificing herself, for the chance to say goodbye — for real. But when she falls back in love with her ex-boyfriend, her decision, becomes their decision.

We LOVE how Brodi Ashton gives us a perspective for each character. It kind of gives you the ability to draw valid conclusions about what you think about a specific character. While we love Nikki, our favorite character is Cole!

Okay, so he's arrogant, cute, self-centered, cute, and impulsive. Did we mention cute?! He is portrayed as this bad-boy-kind-of-guy who wants what he wants; but even then, we still found ourselves cozzying up to him. Why? We don't know, the teenage mind seems to work in mysterious ways ...

Overall, this book was a 5 star all the way. We have the next novel on our to-read list. It's name hasn't been released yet? But we'll stay tuned. Plenty of Cover Love, no doubt.

Rating:




16 comments:

  1. Fantastic page!! New follower from Book blogs. please stop by my blog and follow back. Thanks
    Jeannette
    www.walkingonbookshelves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
    I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.
    my web page: FinderHostel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A motivating discussion is worth comment. I think that you need to
    write more about this topic, it may not be a taboo
    subject but typically people don't talk about such topics. To the next! Best wishes!!
    Look into my blog post android tablet pc

    ReplyDelete
  4. We stumbled over here different web address and thought I may as well check things out.
    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking at your web page for a second time.
    Here is my web site ... OnlyCruiser.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that
    I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
    My page > free chatting rooms

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a reasonable
    price? Thanks, I appreciate it!
    Feel free to visit my weblog - Deborah Koval

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's up, I log on to your new stuff regularly. Your humoristic style is witty, keep up the good work!
    Also visit my web page iraqi dinar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in fact happy to glance at this webpage posts which
    contains tons of useful information, thanks for providing
    such data.
    Feel free to visit my site : The adult dating website

    ReplyDelete
  9. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei ultimate on-line blogshop for wholesale & quantity korean accessories, accessories, earstuds,
    necklace, rings, hair, bracelet & bangle accessories.

    Deal 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
    Feel free to visit my web page ; entraînement cérébral

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

    I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite sure I'll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
    my website :: click through the next webpage

    ReplyDelete
  11. My brother suggested I might like this web site.

    He was totally right. This post truly made my day.
    You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thanks!
    my webpage :: Family vacation at Upper James Manor

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had this book on my to-read list for a while now, I saw a lot of great reviews, and now I really want to read it! Especially after reading your review!

    http://pagesofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you are putting in a new kitchen,Taps online again a lot of acceptable you will be replacing your bore and curtains forth with the cupboards and appliances.Shower taps Nice curtains absolutely accomplish a kitchen and are the one accent that absolutely sets the accent for the akin of accepted you are aggravating to achieve.Bathroom accessories set Nice curtains set a kitchen afar and aswell advice actualize the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Proper medications recommended at regular intervals should be taken to ensure effective polarized sunglasses treatment and cure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In British English, a Tap is a device that controls the flow of a liquid or gas from a pipe or container Kitchen Taps, Bathroom Taps, Shower Taps At DisTap,Choose a kitchen sink and tap to suit your kitchen worktop from the huge range stocked at DISTAP from the World's leading sink manufacturers.godaydd

    ReplyDelete