Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#2) - Counting Backwards

Created by: Jill @ Breaking the Spine

Feel free to use our graphics guys, as long as you link back, or let us know you're using them. (:

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted every Wednesday. For this meme, you're asked to post a picture, and an overview of the book that has not come out yet. You're then asked to discuss why you're waiting for this book. (A release date for the book is also appreciated.)

What We're Waiting For!

Author: Laura Lascarso
Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Release Date:  August 14th 2012


Three weeks ago I tried to run away from home. Now all I want is to go back.


When troubled Taylor Truwell is caught with a stolen car and lands in court for resisting arrest, her father convinces the judge of an alternative to punishment: treatment in a juvenile psychiatric correctional facility. Sunny Meadows is anything but the easy way out, and Taylor has to fight hard just to hold on to her sanity as she battles her parents, her therapist, and vicious fellow patients. But even as Taylor struggles to hold on to her stubborn former self, she finds herself relenting as she lets in two unlikely friends-Margo, a former child star and arsonist, and AJ, a mysterious boy who doesn’t speak. In this striking debut, Laura Lascarso weaves together a powerful story of anger and self-destruction, hope and love.
Why We're Waiting
First things first. The title?  Is creeeepy. The cover? Is also very creeeeeepy, and the synopsis is basically saying 'Buy me. Buy me. You won't regret it." So I figure, "Who am I to refuse a good book, right?" 

Leave your link! 
We'd LOVE to check out your 'Waiting on Wednesday' Post!


24 comments:

  1. I totally agree. It is indeed creepy. A story of anger and self-destruction, hope and love. Wow, I would definitely wait for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the title, but yes the cover was a tad creepy ;D But it does sound intriguing....and sad D; lol sorry, i'm a very sappy person so i have to control my emotions when reading overly emotional novels ;D Great pick this week hun! and thanks for visitng my WoW as well! :D

    Your new follower,
    Shreya

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my wow! Your blog is lovely as well <3
    Gotta love novels with mysteries, but what won me over with this was "the mystery boy"

    *followed you back too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you. When a book talks you into buying it, you just CANNOT refuse. The cover does look creepy only because she looks as if she's going to murder someone. :s Never heard of this book before so thanks for sharing!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover and title do yell: 'I am good, buuy meee'!! I hope you guys enjoy it and may I say, I love your names XD I'm a new follower!
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds creepy but interesting. I'd love to give it a try when it comes out. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argh that does looks creepy! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I had the opportunity to read Counting Backwards recently as part of a traveling ARC tour and really enjoyed it overall. I hope you enjoy it, too! :-)

    Thanks for stopping by BlookGirl earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the title! The synopsis sounds great too!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a powerful book. Nice choice. Please check out my WoW!

    We also have a giveaway for Prodigy by Marie Lu that ends tonight.

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to take a second look at the cover, but you are right - creepy! I will definitely be reading this one! Thanks for the great pick! Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one sounds really good. Great choice for Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this book but it sounds very cool.
    -P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool pick. I've never heard of it, but it sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm also waiting for this one. The cover is really engaging too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Danica Page @Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, you're right. The cover is super creepy. In fact I can't even look at it for more than three seconds. It's like one of those hologram images you walk past that changes, but those don't always hurt your eyes. Anyway, great pick! This is the first time I've seen this on. Love contemporaries!
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen this book cover floating around the blogosphere and it certainly looks interesting. I'm curious about the mental health aspect :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hadn't heard of this book yet and yes, the cover does look a bit creepy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm seeing a lot of this one lately. It sounds so good...can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog is AWESOME. I'm following and I look forward to seeing more posts! Would you mind checking out the story I'm writing on my blog; Escaping Jackie, I'd appreciate it very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with you that the cover is creepy and the story sounds fascinating. Thisis my first time hearing of this one. Looks like a good read.
    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aah, the cover on "Counting Backwards" always creeps the fudge out of me >.< The dual image of the girl is kind of freeky...but the book is still looking pretty good lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the Lovely blog award, you have a mighty interesting blog here :). Kisses.

    ReplyDelete