Sunday, September 30, 2012

We Are Young Mondays! (#1)



Created by: Ella @ Read into Hiding
We are Young is meme hosted by one of my fellow bloggers Ella. This meme takes place every Monday where Ella posts a childhood-related question. (What was your favorite cartoon as a child?, What is something you said a lot when you were a child? etc.) We're a bit late with this meme, but we're working on catching up. (Modified Meme)

This Week's Question:

This Week's Question -->
Do you remember your very first book read, or favorite childhood book? If yes, which one was it? 

I'm pretty sure the first book I ever read, or can remember reading was from the Biscuit series. Biscuit takes a Bath, Biscuit goes for a walk, Biscuit makes a friend, and so on. I loved Biscuit <3 I still do. When I was little the author was just pure genius to me. She even fit up to 6 words on a page. I was a big girl then, with my Huggies underpants, and what not!

Good times. Good times ~
Childhood books, anyone?



11 comments:

  1. I don't remember most of my childhood read but I do recall reading a Amelia Bedelia book, The Pokey Little Puppy, and The Foot Book. I know I had a bunch of Disney books and I remember having a Robin Hood one with the fox or whatever that guy was. Cute meme.
    She’s Got Books on Her Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first one was Gulliver's Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, that's adorable. I remember owning a bunch of Biscuit books when I was little!

    By the way, I'm doing a Halloween-centric meme this year to get everyone excited for the holiday. If you want to join, here's a link:
    http://thisxgirlxreads.blogspot.com/2012/10/haunted-week-is-coming.html

    Hope you join! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Thanks for your message at Book Blogs. Your blog is pretty awesome. I'm now a follower and will post a link to your blog on mine :D
    Peace,
    LadyBug
    http://english-written-portairt.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny. The older I get, the more nostalgic I become about my childhood books. I can't possibly name just one. Recently, I wrote about one of my old favorites, The Velveteen Rabbit, over on my blog.

    http://mydustyshelves.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-velveteen-rabbit.html

    Biscuit is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. We definitely understand how that feels. It took us about 30 minutes just to think of one. Haven't heard of 'The Velveteen Rabbit.' Heading over to check that out now (:


    ~Annie & Demi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thank you! Thanks for the follow <3 We followed you back.


    ~Annie & Demi

    ReplyDelete
  8. We joined! Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually remember having that book read to me. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amelia Bedelia? - Classic! She'd always mess everything up, but fix it in the end. Clumsy, clumsy girl. I basically remember Dr. Suess being my main source of enjoyment, when reading books. 'The Foot Book' included. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THIS! :)
    (And thanks for the welcome on Book Blogs! I'm following you) :)
    Love,
    KimberlysKozyKorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete