Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#1) - Let the Sky Fall

Created by: JillBreaking the Spine

Feel free to use our graphics guys, as long as you link back, or let us know you're using them. (:

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted every Wednesday. For this meme, you're asked to post a picture, and an overview of the book that has not come out yet. You're then asked to discuss why you're waiting for this book. (A release date for the book is also appreciated.)

What We're Waiting For!

Author: Shannon Messenger
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date:  March 5th 2013


Seventeen-year-old Vane Weston has no idea how he survived the category five tornado that killed his parents. And he has no idea if the beautiful, dark-haired girl who’s swept through his dreams every night since the storm is real. But he hopes she is.

Seventeen-year-old Audra is a sylph, an air elemental. She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even coax it into a weapon with a simple string of commands. She’s also a guardian—Vane’s guardian—and has sworn an oath to protect Vane at all costs. Even if it means sacrificing her own life.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both of their families, Audra’s forced to help Vane remember who he is. He has a power to claim—the secret language of the West Wind, which only he can understand. But unlocking his heritage will also unlock the memory Audra needs him to forget. And their greatest danger is not the warriors coming to destroy them—but the forbidden romance that’s grown between them.
Why We're Waiting
Screw the whole 'never-judge-a-book-by-its-cover' movement. That cover is disgustingly ... BEAUTIFUL. We kind of want to throw up ... all our money and buy a million copies of the book! Reading the overview only confirms this, and we can't wait for the romance that'll take place between Vane and Audra. We have a feeling we might be getting another book boyfriend. (We share.) Any takers? None? That's exactly what we thought. -.^ Hehehe. >;D 

Link us up! 
We'd LOVE to check out your 'Waiting on Wednesday' Post!

&

21 comments:

  1. I've been waiting on this for a while! Great pick!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing
    it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for this one too! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading the blurb on this one, I can honestly say I don't think I have come across anything like it before and I am very much intrigued. Rick Riordin writes about some air beings but they are just side characters to the book. Let the Sky Fall looks like an interesting read for sure! I especially loved your comments on the cover. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to get this book not just because of the cover but the story sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jenea! Heading over now, thanks for stopping by! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I keep seeing it pop up on Goodreads a lot. "So and so wants to read Let The Sky Fall "

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're most welcome (: Heading over, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't it? Eep! I say that I need books a lot, but I need this one! My sick obsession...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely the same. I like that the plot is pretty original. LOL. Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreeeeeeeeeeeeed. (: Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vyki @ On The ShelfJanuary 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

    I have also been waiting for this book, FORVER. I feel like it has been a year since I put it on my TBR. Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't be surprised if it had been a year. o-o Thank you, and no problemoo! (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looove this cover as well, those puffy clouds are beautifully drawn and make me feel like I could sleep on the book if I chose.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing.

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hollie @ Music Books and TeaFebruary 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM

    I'm super looking forward to reading this one! The cover was the first thing that caught my attention but the synopsis sounds brilliant too. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eep fabulous choice!! I totallya gree. The cover is GORGEOUS!! I adore it. I want to just slip into that scene and live there. I hope the book is just as good!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy
    Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aneeqah @ My Not So Real LifeFebruary 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM

    I feel like I've been waiting on this book FOREVER. Seriously, I'm so glad it's almost being released now!! Like you two, I totally judge books by their covers (at least we're honest about it!). I'm also loving the sound of this whole sylph thing, I'm super intrigued to read about it.

    Fabulous pick!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  20. I already have this one on my to-read list and I really can't wait. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out. Lovely pick!

    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete