Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - Nantucket Blue

Created by: JillBreaking the Spine

Feel free to use our graphics guys, as long as you link back, or let us know you're using them. (:

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted every Wednesday. For this meme, you're asked to post a picture, and an overview of the book that has not come out yet. You're then asked to discuss why you're waiting for this book. (A release date for the book is also appreciated.)

What We're Waiting For!

Author: Leila Howland
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Release Date:  May 7th 2013

For Cricket Thompson, a summer like this one will change everything. A summer spent on Nantucket with her best friend, Jules Clayton, and the indomitable Clayton family. A summer when she’ll make the almost unattainable Jay Logan hers. A summer to surpass all dreams.


Some of this turns out to be true. Some of it doesn’t. 

When Jules and her family suffer a devastating tragedy that forces the girls apart, Jules becomes a stranger whom Cricket wonders whether she ever really knew. And instead of lying on the beach working on her caramel-colored tan, Cricket is making beds and cleaning bathrooms to support herself in paradise for the summer.

But it’s the things Cricket hadn’t counted on--most of all, falling hard for someone who should be completely off-limits--that turn her dreams into an exhilarating, bittersweet reality.

A beautiful future is within her grasp, and Cricket must find the grace to embrace it. If she does, her life could be the perfect shade of Nantucket blue
Why We're Waiting
We've been stalking this author since the overview and cover came out on Goodreads. Honestly, we basically reply to all her tweets the  second after she writes them. LOL just kidding ... we think? We're actually really looking forward to Nantucket Blue, because of the whole rich becoming middle-class aspect. For some reason, we've found that we LOVE books with that story line because of the adjustments the characters and the people around the characters have to make to get back on track. Seeing if the families and friends are up for the challenge is the most appealing part. BESIDES, THAT COVER? Ooh, la la 

Link us up! 
We'd LOVE to check out your 'Waiting on Wednesday' Post!

&

11 comments:

  1. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one before, but I'm adding it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy the book when it releases :)

    Raina @ The LUV'NV

    (New follower via GFC and FB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, YES! I have this one on my TBR list too. It sounds too good to be true! I need it now. ha ha

    Great pick.

    My
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my list too! Sounds like a great summer read! And surprisingly, I am really liking this cover too!
    Thanks for stopping by! You guys have a sweet blog here, following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if this is my kind of book. But I'll keep my eyes open for some reviews! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim @ The Paper PlanesFebruary 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM

    Ahhhh I'm really looking forward to this one too! You're right, the cover is just <3 And it sounds like it's going to be a really cute read! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pick! Ive had this since Dec. I really need to read it soon. Thanks for stopping by and following. Ive returned the favor. Cool blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard a whole lot about this one yet, but I'm digging what you guys have to say for it - it does sound pretty good! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been stalking the author? LOL. Aren't we all about our favorites.

    And while I'm not as enthusiastic as you are with these kind of books, I find that some of them may be worth checking out after all.

    Thanks for following. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice, I heard about this one last week and cannot wait for it to come out! Plus I love the cover!


    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Book Lover RecommendsFebruary 14, 2013 at 4:01 AM

    This book sounds really sweet! I will definitely be looking out for this. Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by - and I've followed you back :)

    ReplyDelete