Friday, March 29, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday (1st one!)


Alrighty. So, we haven't really done this meme before... BUT, it seemed cool, and we're on Spring Break so we thought we'd give it a try!

this week's question
Tell us about the most emotional scene you’ve ever read in a book – and how did you react?
our answer
Well, usually we don't read books together unless they're very controversial in terms of the ratings the book might be receiving. We read this book once called The Last Mother's Day. We can't seem to remember who it was written by, but in the book the girl who had witnessed the suicide her mother committed was around five or six years old.She couldn't really understand what was going on at the time. Anyways, it was Mother's Day, and the daughter had made her mother a card in school. When she came home on the bus, she couldn't find her mother. She searched in every room, until finally she heard water running and opened the bathroom to find her mother hanging from the showerhead. In terms of our reaction, we completely shut down and cried for about an hour and a half. We hugged each other the whole time, we did not finish the book actually. In fact, we kind of went on a "reading strike" for about a month and two weeks. It was just a terrible scene that no person should ever have to experience - not to speak of just reading it...

&

11 comments:

  1. haven't read this one!

    old follower!

    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw crap. That's really painful and traumatic!


    Thanks for stopping by Anastasia, lovely name!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book!

    New GFC follower @ Coffee and Characters

    Go to www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com to see my FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww suicides are so saaaad :(( i cry in those too

    new follower and btw I love your blog its so gorgeous! Be my designer ehehehe

    MY FF

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday_30.html#links

    (INT) WIN SHATTER ME TSHIRTS AND A SIGNED COPY OF UNRAVEL ME

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/signed-booksgiveaway300-followers.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I haven't heard of The Last Mother's Day but it does sound like something I'd love to read. Aw, it looks like your emotions were all over the place, eh? Lovely answer, ladies!

    Old follower!

    Thanks for stopping by my F&FF earlier. Happy reading and have a great weekend! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this one, yet :)

    Thanks for following me, I followed back :)

    Maria @ Maria's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of this one. But gosh I can't imagine someone going through that, let alone a six-year-old even fictionally!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF girls. :)
    Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a traumatic scene! That's so awful =( I would have cried my eyes out if I read that too. I don't think I've ever read anything as traumatic as that. If I did I must have mentally blocked it out...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this one! I love your blog name by the way :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog! New GFC follower :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds heartbreaking! New follower

    My FF



    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gods, that sounds horrible :( Tried to find this book, but it must be buried somewhere deep in the internet - luckily, I guess D:

    New follower: http://paperflutterby.de

    ReplyDelete