Tuesday, March 19, 2013

TOUR STOP: Review: The Crimson Hunt by Victoria H. Smith



Author: Victoria H. Smith
Release Date: November 8th 2012
Pages: 340
Read in: 3 days


Overview

College junior Ariel Richmond is working on year three of Project Normalcy.

Her house reeks of keggers past and her bestie is just a slight bit vulgar. But the thing is—they both aid in making life refreshingly uneventful.

So much for hard-earned mediocrity when Luca Grinaldi appears on the scene.

Luca’s sudden presence on campus is hard to ignore. Those bright eyes act like a beacon to unsuspecting females, and with features like his, he’s got to be moonlighting for GQ. Luca hopelessly captivates Ariel with his confidence and charisma, but the mysteries surrounding him make him nearly untouchable. And just when Ariel grows close enough to unlock his secrets, a tragic event sends her life in a downward spiral.

That steady life is no longer an option and allies quickly become scarce. The mysterious Luca seems to be the only one willing to help her—but with that trust comes the burden of his secrets. He has a dark mission of otherworldly proportions, and is willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes to see it completed.

Gone are the days of simply maintaining normalcy, and if Ariel isn’t cautious with her trust, so soon may be her future.

*A free review copy was provided for my review*

The Crimson Hunt was a thrilling read that'll take readers on a ride they'll never be prepared for, with its wild  plot twists, turns, and twirls, The Crimson Hunt proved to be one of the most promising reads I've had in a long time.

The Crimson Hunt is centered around the life of a girl named Ariel and her best friend Piper. When she was young, her life and family had been destroyed in catastrophic fire. Now, Ariel is a junior in college with problems that any normal college-enrolled student can expect. Hard classes, bad grades, tardiness, and relationship issues (if in one). This all changes when Luca comes into the picture, a mysterious, utterly frustrating, HOT, closed-off, intelligent, stoic, HOT guy. From his arrival to the last page, Ariel's life is turned upside down and chucked out of this world! 

The plot twists! Ermagherd. I wasn't expecting any of what took place in this book to happen! Judging from the cover, and the overview I was expecting some paranormal like things to pop up and stay, but Sci-fi?! I just wasn't expecting it. If there's one thing I can say about this book - it's that it was not under any circumstances a predictable read. The characters in this book were beautifully developed from their individual insecurities, treasures, and deepest desires to their hilarious sarcasm, threats, and comebacks. (Piper was my favorite!)

First things first, I didn't enjoy Ariel's character and personality as much as I would've liked too. I wanted to see more backbone and sass like her best friend, Piper. I felt her personality was all over the place, and I just wanted one solid reason to hold on, to explain why I should love her character, unfortunately, I didn't. I would've loved to learn some more about Ariel in between the huge leap that took place between the childhood fire that had occurred and preparing for her next semester classes as a junior in college. I thought the book started off really slow, at some points I found myself struggling to keep up with the characters, and events that were going on, but like I said before, Luca *swoon* gave the book a kick-start and got it running.
Isn't that right Luca? ;)
SAWOON <3

To sum it all up, The Crimson Hunt was a heart-racing, jaw-dropping, check-my temperature kind of read, that started off a bit slow, but in the end, made up for the wait. If you're looking for a revolutionary read that'll make you rethink what a paranormal romance should read like, read The Crimson Hunt.





Link up with the author!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh ;) Luca looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Mindy Larson. I am a newly published author and trying to get the word out about my new novel, This Morning I Woke Up Dead. I think it may interest you based on reading some of your reviews. Love your blog and your writing! Thanks for all you do for the literary community,

    Mindy

    http://thismorningiwokeupdead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Increase the temperaturе of thе oven tο 450 degrees.
    Mix the above ingredients together and plаce
    a medium sauсepan. Most breаd mаchineѕ
    сomе with a reсipe booκ includеd.


    Hеre is my blοg: ghanaweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiced Latte ReadsMarch 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM

    Absolutely love your blog, New follower!

    And this tour looks amazing, I'm putting it on my to-read list.

    Thank you for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete