Tuesday, April 30, 2013

[Top Ten Tuesday] - Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book


This week we are talking about the words in a summary or topics alluded to that automatically make us pick up a book! We've decided to do a collab post this time!

Oh. Gosh. If the book has this word in it's description, then it's mine. I like books with kick-ass drama, and the "I'm going to find you, and when I do, I'll kill you" aspect! It's an addiction really. Usually the person who wants revenge is witty, sarcastic, strong-willed, and bad-ass. I like that. I like it a lot ...

I've ALWAYS loved Greek Mythology, plain and simple. I can practically fact check the authors, too! :D

If the book has the word "forbidden" in the summary - I'm sold! That's all it truly requires to be a good story (in my eyes). I guess I like seeing the main character get past the obstacles, and to whatever is forbidden. (Usually a boy/girl, or place.) Either that, or I'm the type of teenager that subconsciously blocks out the word "no."

Going back to the whole "forbidden", "bad", "stop", and "no" thing. Bad boys are the now. I don't care if somewhere along the line someone is going to get hurt, as long as I can keeping on adding on to my tag-and-bag list, you know?

I've recently fallen in love with dystopia. The tale of a new world, and people who refuse to conform. It's - it's just cool.

No parents, yay! (Note: I'm a teenager. Yeah. I apologize.) You're either sent here, because you're filthy stinking rich, you're a witch, for reform, or "psycho" enough to be a danger to ordinary people and then you find out the headmistress is evil. Yup. That just about sums it up.

 I'm weirdly attracted to witches and magic in a book. I guess I kind of like the idea of some chick being able to fling a guy across a room with a pinky twitch! ;)

 I like the coming-of-age stories where some rich gal or guy gets knocked down few notches. The way they adjust and see things, people, and life differently is definitely something I always look forward to.

 Two words. Chloe Neill. Amazing author. Love of my life/bookshelf.

 Favorite season. Favorite topic. So many things to do, before school starts! I mostly love the surfing, shirtless guys, summer flings, and light breeze.

How about you guys? what're your 10 topics/words?!

22 comments:

  1. Megan@The Book BabeApril 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM

    WHY IS YOUR BLOG ALWAYS SO BEAUTIFUL? Seriously, it's gorgeous girls!

    And YES. To all of these-- except vampires. I'm not really a huge fan, LOL! Awesome TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revenge is a good topic! One that weirdly I don't think of often, but now that I'm kind of thinking about it, it's in a lot of books that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greek Mythology is a clincher for me, too. I didn't do this week's Top Ten Tuesday, but "mythology" - of any kind - would have made my list, along with retellings. I LOVE retellings! :)



    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked boarding schools, too! They just make for the most awesome stories :) Also , when I was younger, I wanted to go to one sooo badly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love Rich to Middle Class stories. Those are always SO INTERESTING. I also really love magic stories ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the list! Revenge and Forbidden. Yes please! Can't believe I didn't think of these. I need to find some really good mythology books to get into.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mythology, Dystopian, Boarding school, vampires, magic: all words we have in common! :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Usually books with Revenge have the strong female leads, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always LOVE the summer covers, too! Barefoot in the sand, shirtless guys, beautiful sea - it's just soooo beautiful <3 Yeah, I've noticed that recently with dystopia - it's either really tech saavy with some gov't conspiracy or really corrupt and abandoned w/ bootleg regulators. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Couldn't agree more. I love the reading the new takes the authors have on the the fairytale/greek myth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha. I really love seeing the characters adjust to their new life, and circumstance, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  13. No problemoo. :D I haven't read any good ones recently, actually. o_O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing,
    nice written and come with almost all vital infos.
    I'd like to see extra posts like this .

    my web site: how to lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH! Boarding Schools - I can't believe I forgot to add that one onto my list. Books like the Hex Hall series, and Anna and the French Kiss are my favorite!

    Great list.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  16. Leigh (Little Book Star)June 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM

    Summer definitely gets me hooked on. When I think of Summer, I think of contemporary books which are my favorite types of books to read. I'm not really a big fan of dystopia anymore because the books that I've read are kind of similar to one another which gets me bored.
    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
  17. I ALWAYS choos bad boys in stories, I'm not sure how I forgot to add them to my list! I'm a sucker for mythology and forbidden things as well! Fantastic list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete