Friday, December 19, 2014

[Book Blitz]: Gilded Wings by Cameo Renae

Gilded Wings (Hidden Wings #4) by Cameo Renae
Published on December 19, 2014 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing
As the final battle draws near, Emma finds herself bound under an unbreakable oath. She must seal the bond with Ethon before her transformation, or risk her life and the lives of those she truly loves. Who she wants is no longer an option.
Lucian has unleashed troops of evil beasts from the Underworld, making it impossible for Emma to leave the protective barrier of Alaine’s home. War is inevitable. The Guardians will need to stay and fight their ground, hoping Lucifer keeps his end of the deal and comes to their aid.
In this epic series conclusion, burning questions will be answered, lives will be lost, and sacrifices will be made.
But who will survive, and at what cost?

Here's an excerpt from Gilded Wings:

Hate is a very strong word. In fact, there are a myriad of reasons why one should avoid the vicious feeling. But at this very moment, I’d never felt more hatred toward another being. I couldn’t stop the bubbling revulsion if I tried. Its dark tendrils spread through me like a cancer, grasping at every cell, seeping from every pore. It filled me with an unexplainable sadness and pain. 

In just a single moment, I’d lost everything. My dreams and my future were shattered. He stole my free will and made me a slave. That’s all I was now… a pawn who would eventually be used for destruction. 

Lucifer had become the enemy of my soul. He took me to a place I never wanted to go; shrouded in darkness and internal suffering. Outwardly, I bore the marks of his fingers, which he’d wrapped tightly around my neck, nearly squeezing the life from me. The look of pure hate and murderous intent, burning bright in his wicked eyes, was imprinted in memory. It felt like a dream. I could only have wished it was, but the pain was too real. 

Just outside my door I was surrounded by everyone I loved, and yet, I’d never felt more alone. They were so close, but I had become disconnected, muted, unwillingly sworn to silence. It was killing me inside, and I couldn’t do anything about it. I had to submit. I had no choice. I wouldn’t risk any of their lives. As much as I wanted to let them know why I was acting indifferent, I wouldn’t speak a word.

Xpresso Book Tours & Cameo Renae, author of Gilded Wings, are hosting an International Giveaway  for anyone interested in reading her novel.

Cameo Renae was born in San Francisco, raised in Maui, Hawaii, and recently moved with her husband and children to Alaska.
She's a daydreamer, a caffeine and peppermint addict, loves to laugh, loves to read, and loves to escape reality. One of her greatest joys is creating fantasy worlds filled with adventure and romance, and sharing it with others. 
One day she hopes to find her own magic wardrobe, and ride away on her magical unicorn. Until then...she'll keep writing!
Website / Twitter /  Facebook / Goodreads 



8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to start reading this series! Loved the excerpt and I'm thinking I should pick up the first book soon. Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have such an amazing blog - I can't believe I hadn't found it before! Following you via GFC & Fab post - thanks for sharing =)

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first book to the series and a novella, but I haven't actually gotten around to reading them. I have heard good praise so far though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually seen this series around quite a lot as well. I'm definitely looking forward to finding out what all the fuss is about. We'll have to compare notes when we both get the first book, then. :)

    No problem, Haraiah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thank you so much! I'm glad we've found each other now. ;)

    Following your lovely blog back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's good to hear! I've seen the series around so much that I'm considering buying the first book just to see what all the hype is about. I hoping it lives up to my expectations.

    Thanks for dropping by, Sophia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. High, girly! I’m just as excited to serve you NOW …as I would be in Heaven Above!!

    Frankly, I wouldn't be tooo worried about what the whorizontal world thot about me, dear; I'd be much more concerned about what Jesus shall say at our General Judgment. You may not like me now, yet, I’m not out to please you. Lemme wanna gonna tella youse Who (grrr - New Joisey accent):

    Greeting, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxxins, guhroovaliciousnessly delicious, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Reality-Firepower-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES!!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…



    MyLoveLetterToJanetIrene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete