Tuesday, December 16, 2014

[Teaser Tuesdays]: There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake

Hosted by: Miz B @ Should Be Reading
Teaser Tuesdays asks you to post a quote or excerpt from your current read.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

There Will be Lies by Nick Lake
To be published on January 6, 2015 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

In four hours, Shelby Jane Cooper will be struck by a car. Shortly after, she and her mother will leave the hospital and set out on a winding journey toward the Grand Canyon.
All Shelby knows is that they’re running from dangers only her mother understands. And the further they travel, the more Shelby questions everything about her past—and her current reality. Forced to take advantage of the kindness of unsuspecting travelers, Shelby grapples with what’s real, what isn’t, and who she can trust . . . if anybody.

I searched long and hard for a snippet without any spoilers that would make you guys want to pick this one up. The main character is definitely relatable so far, but I'm definitely in that "in-between-stage" where I can't tell if I like the novel yet or not...

My Teaser:

"This is all wrong, anyway, I think, remembering the book in the library, the open one. You're meant to see the coyote BEFORE the horrible thing happens to you. Not after." 
~ Page  40ish: There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake  

Link me to your Teaser Tuesday post!

10 comments:

  1. ooh this sounds good! Thanks for doing this for Teaser Tuesday I think this will definately be on a lot of wish lists for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relatable characters are always good to have. The blurb looks interesting. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book.

    Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Struggling with reality sounds interesting to me.

    Mine this week is a western with a twist: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-widow-boy-teasertuesday-books/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The description is interesting. I might like this one.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/16/teaser-tuesdays-92-dependent/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover and tease. It's worked. I want to know.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT ~ Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this book. I've seen a lot of books this year with the word "lie" or "liar." Always makes me interested for some reason. Really, I might have seen just three.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious about the significance of an open book in a library. I'm also wondering what they're running from. Sounds like a good story.

    My Tuesday post features FAT
    CHANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you certainly found a teaser that made me want to pick up the book. I do love stories where there are secrets... Here is my TT for this week https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/teaser-tuesday-december-16/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah! I must know what this horrible thing is! Great teaser! I love the feel to your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, this has piqued my interest! Excellent choice of teaser!

    ReplyDelete