Tuesday, December 2, 2014

[Top Ten Tuesday] : Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up in the community where we provide a prompt and other lovers of listmaking join in on it with their own top ten list. Feel free to have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to! 

Alright, guys here we go... Top 10 novels I'm patiently waiting anticipating in 2015.

             

Even When You Lie To Me by Jessica Alcott. I read the summary on goodreads, and I knew I had to have it. Teacher and student relationships have become something like taboo, and so it's intriguing to see how Alcott plans to develop this one. The hot, mysterious vibe has me already swooning over this new teacher.

The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Aldieh. I'm really intrigued by this one, because it's a retelling. And not just any old, cliché retelling about Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, or Persephone & Hades. It's A Thousand and One Nights, guys!

One of the Guys by Lisa Aldin. I've actually only read one other book that touched on this topic. I think it was Catching Jordan by Miranda Keneally. I'm sort of digging this whole rent-a-date business, the main character is going to be running. It's new and refreshing!

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge. There are 3 reasons why I'm eagerly anticipating this one. Cruel Beauty. Cruel Beauty. Cruel Beauty. I recently just finished reading another novel by her,
and I was just paralyzed... I love her writing, and her fairytale/Greek mythology retellings. Hodge made it to my favorite author list within the first six chapters.

         
The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall. I saw a review, where someone called it the YA version of the Da Vinci Code. Next thing I knew, I'd pre-ordered it.

The Devil You Know by Trish Doller. I love coming-of-age contemporaries, but this one has a twist of thriller and suspense. The random boys-next-door that they're planning on spending a road trip with, seem to have their own agenda ...

Not After Everything by Michelle Levy. This one is a double whammy for me. The main character's male, and it's a contemporary with a tough topic. It deals with suicide of the main character's mother, and how he decides which relationships are important to him and which are not.

I Am Her Revenge by Meredith Moore. There's something about boarding schools, revenge, and faulty familial ties that has mayhem written all over it. Mayhem that I'd like to be a part of.

                                          

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. There's no point in lying. It was the cover. I saw blood and a crown. And then I pre-ordered it.

Sweet by Emmy Laybourne. This by far had the most interesting summary. It's sort of a promotional cruise with these high-society individuals trying to promote a new drug. Except something goes terribly wrong. I hoping the ship doesn't sink. I've watched Titanic sixteen times, I know how things are going to go down.



Link me to your Top Ten posts!

2 comments:

  1. Not After Everything touches very close to home. I'm compelled to pick it up! I would also like in on this Revenge mayhem! A little like Looking for Alaska mayhem...which sounds like a combo of both of those books...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all look really interesting! I've never heard of them though. I may need to check them out!! Great list!

    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete